Monday, September 7, 2009

Be & D - Woodstock Hobo

So, I've never really thought much of a Be & D bag. They just never managed to catch my eye.

Until tonight. I just spotted this Be & D "Woodstock Hobo." I am a huge fan of soft, supple leather and this one looks cuddly. I'd probably fill it with down and use it as a pillow.

I'm not particularly a hobo kind of person, I prefer satchels and totes. When it comes to hobos, I have a few prerequisites. One has been met; the fabrication needs to be both interesting and inviting.

Next, however, I look for some type of symmetry. This hobo is a bit askew. The short strap and tall body doesn't put this at the top of my wish list but the bag is definitely interesting.

The belt style detail near the top and rock'n'roll studs add a very current vibe.

One other thing I require, especially for an investment piece, is a great lining. This bag delivers with a sandy colored ultra-suede interior with a desirable number of pockets and compartments.

Overall, I give this Be & D hobo a 7/10

Be & D "Woodstock Hobo"
$995 at Saks Fifth Avenue