Monday, September 7, 2009

Bath and Body

When it comes to body, skin and make-up products, I'm very picky. This doesn't, however, hinder me from testing and trying ranges of products with little descrimination. Everything from drug-store finds to department store investments, cult classics and new technologies.

My background is primarily in make-up but I also worked, for a period, with The Body Shop. These two things have provided me the ability to test and find my favorite things.

This post is primarily bath + body items.

Bath and Body





-The Body Shop - Papaya Body Butter, $8-20 [I normally don't go for scented body lotions or creams but this one broke the mold for me. Most fragranced lotions claim they will leave a subtle hint of the fragrance but rarely deliver. This one, however, lingers without causing break outs. The shea butter keeps skin moisturized. I apply from neck to toe after every shower.]
-The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Body Wash, $13 [I tend to have sporratic body breakouts and having tried almost every other medicated body wash, like Neutragena Body Clear, I began to give up. Most others overly dry out the skin with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide but the breakout battling ingredient here is natural tea tree oil.]
-Neutragena - Body Oil, $10.49 at Wal-Mart [This oil can take the place of body lotions or creams as a post-shower moisturizer.]
-Cetaphil - Daily Skin Cleanser, $8.29 at Walgreens [I have the occasional breakout but I often find that cleansers made specifically for zits cause my skin to either break out more or damage my skin. This is about as basic as you can get.]
- Olay - Hydrating Beauty Fluid, $11.99 at Walgreens [I've been using this moisturizer for years. I occasionally stray but always return. The familiar scent and rich formula have risen this lotion to cult status.]
-Venus - Breeze Razor, $9.99 at CVS [No shaving cream required. I am incapable of shaving my legs with shaving cream without making myself bleed. I don't know how to pin point it but maybe I need to see my skin to shave it without injury.]
-The Body Shop - Macca Root Razor Relief, $14 [I hate shaving, aftershave helps.]
-The Body Shop - Shave Brush, $11 [While I thought this accessory to be unnecessary and pretentious, I stand corrected. Use it to lather up your shave cream and apply liberally.]